Public Information & Consultation Event For Highsted Park
Residents and stakeholders are invited to join a virtual public consultation event on the proposed Highsted Park development this month.
The project team behind the Sittingbourne development, Quinn Estates, will be hosting two online information sessions on Tuesday 9th March to gather public feedback and ideas.
Attendees will be able to watch presentations delivered by the project team and get their questions about the development answered by live panellists. The event will give the public the opportunity to share their thoughts on the plans, which will be considered ahead of the submission of final proposals.
There will be an online afternoon session (1pm-2.30pm) and an evening session (5.30pm-7pm), all open to the public, who can register to attend here.
The engagements will be recorded and published on the Highsted Park website, so those who are unable to attend will be able to watch at a later date.
Highsted Park is a visionary proposal for a mixed-use development that incorporates game-changing infrastructure and air quality improvements for the residents and businesses of Sittingbourne, Swale and the South East. The project seeks to positively transform Swale for current and future generations.
The project includes:
- A new privately funded junction onto the M2 (J5a), the creation of the Southern Relief Road and completion of the Northern Relief Road.
- Four new primary schools and one new secondary school.
- 520 acres of new publicly accessible parks and outdoor space.
- Pioneering green technology to create a carbon neutral development.
- Space which encourages alternative modes of transport.
- A state-of-the-art sports hub anchored by Sittingbourne FC.
- New major primary care facilities.
- 9,250 homes including 1,850 affordable.
To find out more about the engagement webinars and to register for one of the sessions, click here.