Wises Lane is a high quality urban extension to Sittingbourne which provides exceptional community, social and economic infrastructure. Planing permission was granted in February 2019.
As an allocated site, the proposal combines open market housing in the midst of a housing crisis with the community infrastructure that supports a comprehensive development resulting in a well planned extension that supports Swale’s regeneration agenda.
The schemes provides:
• 675 new homes
• 12% affordable housing which is above local policy
• Strategic highways improvements between Borden Lane and Chestnut Street to reduce traffic congestion and improve air quality
• State of the art facilities for Sittingbourne Rugby Club, the borough’s largest community sports club
• Contribution to existing medical facilities to support new and existing residents
• A new primary school
• Large areas of new publicly accessible parkland
• Circa 370 construction jobs per annum
• Over £25m a year into the local economy from the completed homes
• A £78m economic output during the construction phase
• Circa £13.5m in S106 infrastructure
T: 01227 831 212
F: 01227 831 717