Location: Nr Detling, Maidstone
Binbury Park is the creation of an exemplar garden village in the Garden of England that will fund major strategic highways improvements.
Binbury Park is not a stand-alone development but is situated on a piece of flat, visually contained land which is of low agricultural value and between three major pieces of infrastructure and existing development in the AONB including the A249, Kent County Showground and Detling Aerodrome Industrial Park.
The vision is for:
• Nationally significant highways improvements funded by the development
• 1,700 new homes with policy compliant affordable
• 50 self-build plots
• Significant community facilities including a new primary school and a special educational needs facility in collaboration with the National Autistic Society
and a medical centre
• A nationally significant new business park creating over 1,500 new jobs
• Creation of a new country park which, combined with White Horse Wood, will create one of Kent’s largest managed green spaces
• A game changing sports hub for Maidstone Rugby Club
• A pioneering food and drink hub to serve small, medium and large businesses in one of the UK’s fastest growing sectors
This proposal will deliver nationally significant strategic highways infrastructure improvements to the A249/M20/M2 corridor which would substantially improve safety and traffic management to the network. In addition, the proposal includes:
• M20 (J7) upgrading
• Grade separated junction on the A249
• New showground access with acceleration/deceleration lanes
The scheme results in major social, environmental, sporting and economic benefits in accordance with para 172 of the NPPF which seeks developments to show exceptional circumstances that are in the public interest.
T: 01227 831 212
F: 01227 831 717