Quinn Estates and Pentland Properties secured planning permission for a new community in the Thanington area of Canterbury in January 2016. The development will create a number of significant community, economic and social benefits.
- Creation of 750 homes of mixed sizes and tenures, including 30% affordable, meeting local housing requirements and significantly contributing to the Council’s 5-year housing land supply
- A 40,000sq.ft Grade ‘A’ office park
- A new £9m facility for the Pilgrims Hospices funded by the Tory Foundation, Pentland Properties and Quinn Estates
- 35 hectares of open space including new allotments, playing areas, playing fields, a cricket pitch, new parkland and wildlife corridors. This represents one of the largest provisions of green infrastructure in Canterbury in recent history
- 900 construction and long-term jobs
- A new primary school
- £9m per annum into the local economy from resident spend
"It is an important step to continuing to provide state-of-the-art end-of-life care to our local community."
Chairman of the major projects committee at Pilgrims Hospice
Get In touch today